The use of Smartphone has increased and these are the most used devices for internet surfing in the era of technology. Among all the smartphones, Android is the most popular operating system which is widely used around the world. If you’re an Android user and use browser then you must face off pop-up ads which might be tolerated. This article will help you to block pop-up ads on your android devices. During searching for something over the internet or reading an interesting article online, you might be encountered by the annoying popup ads on the Android browser. Pop-ups make the browsing experience of the user ugly by opening tabs, blocking the view, forcing redirects automatically.
To stop pop-up ads immediately, you can follow the right security practices. You can prevent most of the pop-up ads in the browser by changing some settings in the browser.
If you want to stop pop-up ads on android then continue the reading of our Techvaio’s article and follow the below-given steps.
Method-1: Disable Pop-ups Ads in Google Chrome
If Google Chrome is used by you as a default browser for surfing the internet and are facing annoying pop-up ads, then follow the given steps to stop pop-up ads:
- Open the Chrome browser on an Android device and tap the three vertical dots (More Option) at the top-right corner of the screen in the browser.
- Now click “Settings.”
- Then scroll down and select the “Site settings” option.
- There you can see “Pop-ups and redirects, Ads” option in the Site Settings.
- Click on “Pop-ups and redirects” and turn it off for blocking the pop-ups ads.
This setting helps to stop pop-ups ads on Google Chrome in your Android phone. And it works in all smartphones without depending on the Android version.
Suggested Article: How to Fix Corrupted SD Card on Android Mobile without Computer
Many problems make your SD card corrupted. Hardware and software both can be responsible for corruption. Let’s see some of the common errors that can corrupt the SD card. –> Read More
Method-2: Stop Popup Ads on Android MI Browser
If you have a Xiaomi Redmi, POCO smartphones, then there is another default browser you will get called MI Browser. To stop pop-up ads on the default MI browser in Xiaomi, Redmi, POCO devices, follow the given steps:
- Open the MI Browser on Xiaomi, Redmi, POCO device and click on the “Profile” icon at the bottom-right of the screen in that browser.
- Now click on the “settings” icon.
- Next tap on your name and select “Advanced” option.
- Then scroll down and you can see the “Block pop-ups” option.
- After that turn on the toggle switch to stop the pop-up ads on your Xiaomi, Redmi, POCO devices.
If you are using any other default browser on other devices, then go to settings and there you have to find the option to block the pop-up ads. And similarly, by following the steps you can stop the pop-up ads on that browser on any android devices.
Method-3: Stop Popup Ads using third-party apps
You can also download a third-party app from Google Play Store and use it to stop pop-up ads and block advertisements aggressively on your Android phone. Open the Google Play Store and type “Ghostery” in the search bar. From the search result, install the “Ghostery Privacy Browser.” This browser provides different types of trackers that allow you to block annoying pop-up ads and advertisements. To stop Pop-up ads using the Ghostery browser, follow the given steps:
- First, select the “Settings cog.”
- Now click on the “Block Pop-ups” between the available options.
- For the most aggressive blocking option, go to “Ghostery > Tracker Blocking Options > Block Everything.”
- There’s a less chance of popping up ads by doing this on the browser.
There are also many other browsers in the Play Store that offer the option to stop pop-up ads and annoying advertisements. But, “Ghostery Privacy Browser” is the reputed app for blocking the pop-up ads and tracking aggressively.
Suggested Article: 5 Easiest Ways to Remove Watermark from Videos Free
Sometimes we need the remove watermark from videos to use it somewhere else to create its content. If you have spent hours finding a video watermark remover app, then you are in the right place. –> Read More
Scan for Malware on Android
After doing all the settings, the device is still showing pop-up ads, then you need to run a malware scan. If you are using third-party apps downloaded from the Google Play Store, then there might be chances of affecting malware. So, you need to install some malware scanner or antivirus to scan or troubleshoot the pop-ups.
So, this is all for today which help you to stop pop-up ads on Android. Walking through the given ways, you can block the pop-up ads on Android. We, Techvaio, now sure that you can stop the popping up of ads on android by reading this comprehensive information.
Lastly, if you like our article, please share it among your friend circle and help them to stop the annoying pop-up ads on Android. Moreover, if you think we are missing out any essential points, drop a comment below.