Kirin 990 4G Processor is a 64-bit octa-core ARM SoC of high performance. It is designed by Hi-Silicon and introduced in late 2019. Based on 7 nm TSMC’s process, this processor contains 8 cores consisting of 2 Cortex-A76 cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.86 GHz, 2 Cortex-A76 cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.06 GHz and 4 Cortex-A55 cores operating at a clocked speed of 1.86 GHz. Kirin 990 4G supports up to 12 GB of quad-channel 16-bit LPDDR4X RAM. It provides a Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. The integrated LTE modem of Kirin 990 4G supports cat 18 uplink and cat 21 downlinks.
|Codename||Cortex-A76 / Cortex-A55|
|Clock Rate||2.86 GHz|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Manufacturing Technology||7 nm|
|Features||ARM Mali-G76 MP16 GPU , 2 x Cortex-A76 (2.86 GHz) + 2 x Cortex-A76 (2.06 GHz) + 4 x Cortex-A55 (1.86GHz), LPDDR4X RAM, Cat-21/18 (1600Mbps Download speed and 200 Mbps upload speed)|
|GPU||ARM Mali-G76 MP16|
Features of Kirin 990 4G Processor:
- Based on dual-core NPU on the Da Vinci architecture, Kirin 990 4G Processor’s big core achieves excellent performance and energy efficiency whereas the small cores utilises for ultra-low power consumption, fully leveraging the robust, intelligent computing power.
- With the 7nm TSMC’s process, Kirin 990 achieves better performance and energy efficiency.
- Kirin 990 carries two big cores with the frequency of 2.86GHz, two mid cores with the frequency of 2.06GHz, and four little cores with the frequency of 1.86GHz including an overall frequency are up to 2.86 GHz.
- Kirin 990 utilizes the 16-core Mali-G76 GPU to implement intelligent traffic distribution, saving bandwidth and reducing power consumption effectively.
- To offer smooth gaming, Kirin 990 supports Kirin Gaming+ 2.0. It enables efficient collaboration of hardware infrastructure and solutions.
- Kirin 990 comes with a brand-new ISP 5.0 that enhanced in taking photograph. It also enables professional-level hardware noise reduction (NR) and temporal and spatial NR (dual-domain NR) on videos. Even in low light environments, it delivers sharp images and videos including pioneers block-matching and 3D filtering (BM3D). Based on AI segmentation, processing and rendering real-time video post adjusts the image colour frame-by-frame to provide cinematic viewing experience.
- Hi-AI 2.0 has been upgraded to achieve the best framework and operator compatibility, supporting up to a maximum of 300+ operators. It is also compatible with all models under mainstream frameworks including more powerful and complete toolchains and spurring further AI application development and developers.
Kirin 990 5G Processor Overview, Gaming Experience
Kirin 990 5G Processor is also a 64-bit octa-core ARM SoC of high performance. It is designed by Hi-Silicon and introduced in September 2019.
Kirin 990 4G has approximately 8.0 billion transistors including a developed NPU dual-neural processor “Da-Vinci” designed for AI acceleration to provide superior performance, optimal energy efficiency and upgraded AI intelligence and photography capabilities for users.
With the 7nm TSMC’s process, Kirin 990 achieves better performance and energy efficiency containing two big cores with the frequency of 2.86GHz, two mid cores with the frequency of 2.06GHz, and four little cores with the frequency of 1.86GHz. Kirin 990 utilizes the 16-core Mali-G76 GPU to implement smooth gaming. Gaming+ 2.0 is designed to offer immersive gaming experience with HD graphics, natural fast-flow and quick action movements.
Kirin 990 4G has Balong 765 LTE modem that supports up to 1.6 GB/s download speed.
Devices that use Kirin 990 4G processor:
This chipset is used in HUAWEI handsets like HUAWEI P40 Pro, Honor 30 Pro, HUAWEI P40, HUAWEI P40 Pro+ etc.
- Kirin 990 5G Processor Overview, Gaming Experience
- Kirin 980 Processor – Gaming Experience and Features
- Kirin 810 Processor – Gaming Experience and Features
- How to Fill Images Under Text in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
- The Best 5 Google Chrome Extensions – You should use
- Difference between Snapdragon 845 and Snapdragon 855